Posted on: NOV 9, 2018
Posted by: STOKES-COFFEE
You may not think it, but coffee is actually really good for your skin and the idea of using your coffee beans in a body scrub might shock you - but, we think you’ll be glad you tried it!
What to do with old coffee grounds
If you find that you have old coffee grounds left-over we have a new use for them! The sand-like texture of coffee grounds are incredibly effective at removing dead skin cells which then boosts your circulation. The caffeine in the coffee typically increases your blood flow, which may reduce the appearance of cellulite - all resulting in silky-smooth and glowing skin.
Super simple ingredients
Do you fancy giving it a go? Let’s take a look at the ingredients you need to make the coffee body scrub.
- 225g of used ground Stokes Coffee
- 225g of sugar
- 100g of coconut oil
- ½ tablespoon of cinnamon (optional)
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla (optional)
Zero waste recipes
- Melt the coconut oil and allow it to cool down but not solidify.
- Mix all the ingredients together and store in an airtight container or a mason jar.
- Use 1-2 times a week - or every day if you like!
Applying the scrub to your body
- Use it in the shower or put an old towel down - It can be messy!
- Wet your skin and then get out of the shower onto a towel
- Apply the scrub to your body, start at your feet and work your way up using circular motions. Spend more time on stretch marks or cellulite areas
- Once you have applied the scrub, leave it to dry and absorb for 5-10 minutes
- Get back in the shower and rinse it all off!