Posted on: NOV 9, 2018
Posted by: STOKES-COFFEE
Exfoliating the skin with this coffee body scrub allows the largest organ in our body to work more efficiently to expel toxins and take in nourishment. The use of ground coffee is ideal for the discerning coffee lover due to the delicious aroma. The caffeine typically increases blood flow and may reduce the appearance of cellulite as well as giving your skin a more even tone.
Coconut oil is a brilliant skin softener and helps you eliminate dry and hard skin conditions. It can slow down the appearance of wrinkles and sagging of skin, which normally comes hand in hand with the aging process and it keeps the skin’s connective tissues strong, which prevents sagging and wrinkles. Sugar contains glycolic acid, an alpha-hydroxy acid that is essential for maintaining healthy skin. The natural glycolic acid in sugar helps condition and moisturise skin and protects it from harsh toxins.
Using old coffee grounds is better for the environment because you’re finding an added purpose for them rather than throwing them away. They equally can be popped into the compost heap after!
* 225g ground Stokes Coffee
* 225g sugar
* 100g coconut oil
* 1/2 Tablespoon cinnamon (optional)
* 1 Tablespoon vanilla (optional)
1. Melt coconut oil and allow it to cool but not solidify.
2. Mix all ingredients together and store in an airtight container or mason jar.
3. Use 1-2 times a week (or every day if you like).
* Be prepared, it can get messy! Use in the shower or put an old towel down.
* Wet your skin and then get out of the shower or the bath onto a towel.
* Apply the scrub to your body starting with your feet and working up with circular motions, spend more time on stretch marks or cellulite areas. Use a pressure that feels firm but not too hard as you don’t want to irritate the skin.
* Once application is complete, leave it to dry and absorb for 5-10 minutes.
* Step back in the shower or the bath and rinse off.