Posted on: OCT 8, 2018
Posted by: STOKES-COFFEE
Tags: cake coffee espresso recipe vegan
250g self-raising flour
125g soft brown sugar
180ml plant milk
120ml sunflower oil or vegetable oil
180g icing sugar
3 tbsp espresso
60g dairy free butter
2 tbsp cold water
- Put the cake ingredients in a food processor & whizz them up into a creamy paste.
- Pour the cake mixture into two 8 inch greased cake tins.
- Bake the cakes for 25-30 minutes at 180℃.
- Whilst the cake is baking, put all the icing ingredients in a food processor & whizz them up into a cream.
- Take the cake out of the oven & let it chill to room temperature. Once it’s at room temperature, put it in the fridge for half an hour (it needs to be cool when you ice it).
- Spread icing on the top of one of the cakes, put the other cake on top of it, spread the remaining icing over the top of the cake (It will be a good idea to put the cake in the fridge now to let the icing set a bit).
- Take the cake out of the fridge & decorate with the walnuts.
- Serve immediately with a cup of Stokes coffee and enjoy!